Episode 76: Using Policies to Manage Risk with Scott A. Eskwitt
Kevin sits down with Scott Eskwitt of Director of Lexipol. They talk about risks in the fire service and which ones can be better managed. Do we need to change the culture and behavior of the fire service? Should policy chase behavior or should behavior chase policy? They dive into the difference between behavioral and policy problems and talk about what departments should do and have done to fix these issues.
Scott is a former chief of the Fair Haven New Jersey fire department. Scott works for Lexipol, which is a company that serves public safety and local government by creating solutions for policy or training shortfalls. They use technology and years of experience to tackle their current challenges.
Other works by Scott Eskwitt
- Building a Fire Department Sustainability Program Starts with Policy
- How Good Policies Support a Culture of Trust in the Fire Service
- Developing a Firefighter Personal Firearms Policy
- Addressing Firefighter Deviation from Policy
- First 5 Minutes on the Fireground, Critical Actions for Incident Safety Officers
- Firefighter Safety in Hot Weather